Hi fellow builders
Last year I built my first two pairs of skis. Junksupply provided the bases, edges, rubber, resins and some of the fibre glass. I used a UK company for carbon fibre and bi-axil fibre glass. I made the cores from laminated Ash with one pair incorporating a Sapele stringer. My son and I tested the skis in the Aosta Valley late February 2020. They were really good, better than I could have hoped for. To say I was totally stoked would be an understatement. Now I don't use CNC, it's all HANDMADE in my case, jigs and templates take a little time but the rewards are more gratifying. Anyway enough chatting and lets see if I can upload some photo's.
I'll be making more skis soon but my latest project is an Ash framed road bike
Confession time: As you can see my profiled vacum table was sheeted in acrylic which was screwed to the ply shadows. This didn't produce a good vacum as air was leaking in via the numerous screw holes. So for my second pair I laminated over the acrylic with formica and that made a tremendous difference to the amount of vacum my refrigerator pump could produce.
Thank you for sharing! Always enjoyable to see other ppls work 🙂