All-purpose Biobased Epoxy System
Sei Whale is a clear, all-purpose, epoxy system with high UV resistance.
All-purpose applications with variable working times for room temperature cure, with post-curing options. Good for hand lay-up, coating and filling.
Easy impregnation of reinforcements and two hardener options. Ideal system for transparent applications.
-Clear epoxy resin with U.V filter
-For laminations and coatings in fiber glass, carbon fiber…
-Sustainable resin (up to 25% from organic waste from manufacturing process)
-Mix proportion in weight: 100:42
-Mix proportion in volume: 2 to 1
-Working time: 14-17 min or 45-55min
- For best results, measure the two components by weight within 5% of the recommended mix ratio.
- Always mix product for at least two minutes, scraping the container to ensure complete mixing.
- Use products in a controlled environment. Avoid high humidity and cold temperatures.
- Amine blush, a by-product of the curing process, appears as a wax-like film cured epoxy and is more noticeable in cool, moist conditions. It can clog sandpaper and inhibit subsequent bonding. Blush is water-soluble and easily removed with clean water (not solvent) and an abrasive pad.
- For good adhesion, epoxy bonding surfaces should be clean, dry and sanded.
- If unfamiliar with the product, create smaller test samples before starting a larger scale project.