The best sidewall material in terms of duraility and quality! Thougher and better.
- Odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic,
- Has extremely low moisture absorption
- Very low coefficient of friction
- UHMWPE doesn’t become brittle until the temperature gets below −150 °C
- Lubricates itself and is highly abrasion resistant.
- It’s resistant to water, moisture and most chemicals
- It’s resistant to UV radiation, and micro-organisms.
The material is used to create the sidewalls on skis/snowboards. This material is very impact resistant and works well at cold temperatures. Please note that this material is already cut into approximately 13mm strips, so you will need either 4 pieces for one pair of skis or two pieces for one snowboard. The sidewall strip is typically either attached to a core blank, then vertically profiled, sanded and flamed prior to layup for best results. Alternatively, the strips can be vertically profiled then attached to the vertically profiled core before layup.
Needs to be sanded and flamed for best adhesion prior use. This is a very important step and done incorrectly can lead to delamination. So please be sure you do your research and and do this step correctly!!! For the beginning read
You will need either 4 pieces for one pair of skis or two pieces for one snowboard