Ski or Snowboard Bamboo wood core 1800 x 320 x 12mm
Quality Natural Vertically laminated bamboo core for ski or snowboards, but can be used in general for any other product.
Bamboo has natural spring like properties and this improves the ride handling. It gives a unique ride!
Natural bamboo is tough and strong, it has a density of around 700-750kg/m3. Young’s Modulus can be set to 13000-15000N/mm2.
Size: 1800 x 320 x 12mm
CNC Machining known issue (reduced price due to this): We noticed that when cnc machining the plank, as it is, down to 2-3mm, some planks will split up near middle along the plank, due to one vertical line possibly having less glue and not being held well together under cnc machine force. The only issue this presents is machining. If the plank splits up, it can become loose and unsupported, and the cnc machine might break it/rip it apart. This can be avoided by several ways but please be aware of this. Ways to minimize this issue,
- add sidewalls first, then cnc machine the taper profile thickness. This is the best way.
- fix any visible dry spots with epoxy on the bottom, or cover the bottom with epoxy, so that the epoxy will hold it better together when machined.
- glue a piece of wood on the ends to hold it together while machining.
- put tape or better some support on the back. (partially helpful)
- use good support on the back while machining, fixate it on many spots.
NOTE: BE CAREFUL WHEN WORKING WITH BAMBOO. IT IS GRASS AND ALL GRAINS GO IN LENGHT. THIS MEANS IT IS WHILE HANDLED AND PROFILED MORE EASY TO BREAK IN WIDTH. SO IT IS DELICATE AND YOU SHOULD BE HANDLE IT ACCORDINGLY. ONCE IT IS SANDWICHED IN THE SKI OR SNOWBOARD WITH COMPOSITE AND EPOXY, IT WILL WORK FANTASTICALLY.