Polar bear is a heated compression bio based epoxy.
- Applications: Polar Bear Recyclable Epoxy System is specifically formulated for compression molding applications, such as for skis and snowboard manufacturing. Heat assisted curing.
- Mix Ratio: 100:46 by weight
- For best results, measure the two components by weight within 5% of the recommended mix ratio.
- Always mix product for at least two minutes, scraping the container to ensure complete mixing.
- Use products in a controlled environment. Avoid high humidity and cold temperatures.
- Amine blush, a by-product of the curing process, appears as a wax-like film cured epoxy and is more noticeable in cool, moist conditions. It can clog sandpaper and inhibit subsequent bonding. Blush is water-soluble and easily removed with clean water (not solvent) and an abrasive pad.
- For good adhesion, epoxy bonding surfaces should be clean, dry and sanded.
- If unfamiliar with the product, create smaller test samples before starting a larger scale project.